How we will spend funds raised
The Eastbourne Jubilee Green Canopy is a group of volunteers. We are working in partnership with 3VA, a registered charity that empowers, supports and develops social and voluntary action in East Sussex.
3VA was formed in November 2009 when two local organisations with long histories of serving their communities joined forces. Eastbourne Association of Voluntary Services (EAVS), established in 1973, and South Downs Council for Voluntary Service (SDCVS), registered in 1997, converged to create one Council for Voluntary Service for Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden.
All funds raised for the Eastbourne Jubilee Green Canopy will be held and administered by 3VA and subject to audit as part of 3VA's standard financial procedures. We will work with 3VA as well as Eastbourne Borough Council (the landowner) and other local groups such as Treebourne on the delivery of the project.
Of every £100 that we receive:
- £20 (approximately, it varies from place to place) will be spent on clearing the ground ready for planting.
- £25 will be spent on trees and on caring for them after planting.
- Up to £40 will be spent on infrastructure – in particular, making the path safe and accessible in all weathers – and on supporting maintenance by volunteers. This element of your sponsorship may be shared with groups, such as schools, where we are working with them on the project and they have expenditure that needs funding – if you want to direct this element of your sponsorship towards any such group please declare your affiliation when you donate.
- £15 will be reserved for the administrative costs of 3VA
- Any money left over will be used to plant more trees.